Atlas’ My Canada Selfie Contest
from Atlas Van Lines (Canada) Ltd.
Official Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Contest Rules”)
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The Contest begins at 9:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on June 27th, 2016 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on July 6th, 2016 (the “Contest Period”) and all entries must be received during that period. The Contest is brought to you by: Atlas Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. (hereinafter “Atlas” or the “Contest Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside as of the first day of the Contest.
The Contest is void where prohibited. The Contest Sponsor does not warrant that this Contest may be entered into legally in any particular jurisdiction.
The Contest is not open to the officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives of the Contest Sponsor, its respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies, the Contest Sponsor’s advertising or promotional agencies and any suppliers providing the Prize (as hereinafter defined) or other materials or services in connection with the Contest (collectively, the "Excluded Individuals"), all of whom shall be specifically ineligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is also not open to the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and/or spouse) of the Excluded Individuals and all other persons whom reside with the Excluded Individuals, all of whom shall be specifically ineligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
3. PRIZE: There will be one (1) prize (the “Prize”) awarded consisting of the selected entrant receiving a $200.00 gift card to a Loblaw Companies Limited store of the selected entrant’s choosing. If the store does not offer a store gift card option, the selected entrant is to give a second choice of Loblaw Companies Limited store that does offer gift cards.
4. HOW TO ENTER; LIMIT ON ENTRY; ODDS OF WINNING: You are eligible to be entered in the Contest if, during the Contest Period, you visit the “My Canada Selfie Contest” tab on the Atlas Canada Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Atlas-Van-Lines/188816897278 and you submit and complete all information required. Limit one entry per person.
Odds of winning the Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: There is no purchase necessary to participate in the Contest.
5. PUBLIC VOTING AND WINNER SELECTION: During the Voting Period you are limited to one (1) vote per person per day. The one (1) entry/photo with the most public votes at the end of the Voting Period will be eligible to win the Prize. The Voting Period will end at 11:59 PM on July 6th, 2016 and the entry with the highest number of votes will be determined at 10:30 AM on July 7th, 2016. Any “votes” that are registered, or suspected to have been registered, by the entrant, or a public voter, through automated means such as scripts or “bots” will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
In the case of a tie, where more than one entry has an equal number of public votes, the winner will be selected by random draw. There will be one random draw made, for the Prize, by the Contest Sponsor or its representatives using www.random.org to conduct such random draw or such other methods determined by the Contest Sponsor and such draw is to be held on July 7th, 2016 in Oakville, Ontario at 10:30 a.m. EST, from all eligible entries with the highest equal number of public votes received during the Contest Period.
In the case where all photo entries tally very little to no votes by the public, the winner will be determined by the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to make the judgement call that there has not been enough public participation to grant a public vote. The Contest Sponsor will select the winner based on fair judgement selecting the entrant who shows the greatest Canadian Spirit in the submitted photo entries.
The selected entrant will be notified by telephone or email. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days of the draw being completed such selected entrant shall be disqualified and in that case the Prize shall be awarded to an alternative eligible entrant who has the second highest number of public votes or by way of a further random draw from the eligible entries received with an equal number of public votes. Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant must, within seven (7) days after attempted notification correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone or email.
By entering the Contest and accepting the Prize, the selected entrant: (1) confirms compliance with all of the Contest Rules and acceptance of the Prize as awarded; and (2) hereby fully releases the Contest Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents (collectively the “Contest Sponsor Group”) from any and all claims, actions, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (collectively “Claims”) resulting from the Contest and/or the awarding of or use of the Prize.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded and if it is not accepted as awarded then the selected entrant/winner shall forfeit the Prize and the Contest Sponsor Group shall be automatically released of any and all obligations to the selected entrant/winner with respect to the Contest or Prize. The Prize cannot be transferred, assigned, exchanged or substituted by the selected entrant/winner and are not convertible for cash. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another of comparable or greater value.
If requested, the selected entrant/winner shall provide valid identification at the time he/she is awarded the Prize. No correspondence or communication regarding the Contest will be made to any entrant except with the selected entrant.
6. If a potential Prize winner is not in compliance with the Contest Rules, they shall be disqualified and a new Prize winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries until a Prize winner is declared.
7. Entrants will not be individually contacted, except for the selected Prize winner, who will be contacted by phone or email, unless the entrant has opted in for further communication from Atlas by checking the “Sign me up for email about other contests and special offers” on the entry form, in which case your email address may be used for promotional communications.
8. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor and its representatives are final, and entrants agree to abide by all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest Sponsor. In the event of any disagreement as to whether a person is eligible as a contestant, or as to the qualifications of the selected entrant, the decision of the Contest Sponsor shall be final. All decisions with respect to all matters relating to the Contest shall be made by the Contest Sponsor or its representatives and any such decisions shall be final and binding in all respects and there shall be no rights of appeal with respect to any such decision or the Contest. Participants may be disqualified if they do not comply with the Contest rules.
9. All entries become the property of, and are subject to verification by the Contest Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Any entry that is illegible, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. All entrants consent and agree, without compensation, to the use of their name and likeness in any related advertising or publicity by the Contest Sponsor and its affiliated and related companies and representatives. The winner of the Prize authorizes the Contest Sponsor Group to broadcast, publish or disseminate their name in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news and information purposes at no compensation to the winner.
Personal information collected from all entrants will be used only for administering the Contest, unless the entrant has opted in for further communication from Atlas by checking the “Sign me up for email about other contests and special offers” on the entry form, in which case your email address may be used for promotional communications.
10. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with the Contest, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest (collectively referred to as “Prohibited Acts”) is a violation of law and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future contests and any such persons may be disqualified and will forfeit any prize awarded.
11. The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for entries that are: lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, altered, misidentified or misdirected, or for the failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay of any online account or email or other communication to be received, for any reason; any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused, without limitation, by the Contest website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest by any technical or human error or malfunctions which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest; printing errors; altered or garbled data or transmissions, problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, email, online systems, servers or access providers, players or browsers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers". Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Each entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Contest Sponsor Group shall not be responsible for nor bear any liability for the loss, theft or misuse of the Prize.
12. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, terminate, close, suspend or reinstate this Contest at any time and for any reason whatsoever including, without limitation, in order to comply with any applicable law or policy or in the event that the Contest is not capable of being conducted as originally planned, or if fraud or any other occurrence compromises the fairness or integrity of the Contest. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being completed as planned including, but not limited to, computer virus, bugs, tampering, technical failures or other causes beyond the control of any of the Contest Sponsor Group, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest.
13. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by the Contest Rules, which are subject to change without notice, and each entrant releases the Contest Sponsor Group from any and all Claims directly or indirectly suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in the Contest.
14. In no event or circumstance shall any of the Contest Sponsor Group be responsible for any accident, damage to or loss of property, injury or death which may arise from participating in the Contest or the winner’s use, receipt, or purchase of the Prize. The Contest Sponsor Group shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by technical difficulties or errors, negligence or problems in the administration of the Contest or acts of God or any other matter outside of their control which may affect the conduct of the Contest.
15. Only a person declared by the Contest Sponsor to be the winner will be entitled to the Prize, subject to the selected entrant’s eligibility for this Contest and his/her compliance with these Contest Rules.
16. Taxes and any other costs or expenses relating to this Contest or any prize awarded, if any, are the sole responsibility of the selected entrant or winner.
17. This Contest is governed by and shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.